Hola mis amigos! Well Right now I am in a city called monteverde. It is about four hours west-ish of San Jose. The drive to monteverde was amazing. We basically drove up and through the mountains. About every other min there was an amazing view of the mountains. We were lucky enough to be driving through as the sun was setting too. So you can only imagine how beautiful that was.
We are in monteverde for about a week having orientation and I met my host family for the week. Her name is daisy and she is very nice and has such a cute home in Cerro Plano. Most towns are small and very close to each other. One min you are in Cerro Plano and the next in Santa Lena. Daisy’s daughter lives with her along with her grandchildren who are 1 yrs and 3 yrs. They are very very cute and the one year old tries to say Jamie but it comes out “mi mi”.
We basically walk everywhere. Each day we have orientation or class at the monteverde institution. The second night a couple of us went to the heart of Santa Lena which was maybe a 30 min walk. I realized walking there though how much I like the life style here. It is very laid back and you always pass people walking on the streets. The weather is perfect and it has a nice breeze. Well right now it is an insane breeze. I guess nov, dec and Jan are very windy months. I’d take wind over snow though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

sounds so wonderful... you now have a new nickname mi mi.....glad your having fun..love you,,,your father......
ReplyDeleteHey girly!! I'm glad you're having fun!! Miss you!!-Ang
ReplyDelete