Wednesday, February 18, 2009

True Life....


Well my first week and a half of classes went well. It is different here because each class is basically one day a week. It is nice I have my Fridays off and I am done by like 5 pm everyday. I am taking ceramics, drawing, literature, Spanish and a women writers class. There were some embarrassing moments this past week. I definitely sat in the wrong class the first day of drawing for about 20 min and in the writing class I never know what is going on. The prof talks so fast. Luckily a student took me under his wing and always tells me what I need to do for the next class and stuff. I signed up to get a tutor once a week incase I have trouble with homework or just wanna talk in Spanish with a native speaker for 10-20 min…it doesn’t hurt to practice. Also through my program we do volunteer work. I went to a school called CEUNA and I think I am going to be teaching English there to little kids a couple times a week. It should be a lot of fun and uh…interesting…haha but the school is really cool, on top of a hill, great view and is environmentally friendly, like the kids sort all the trash and there are composts and stuff.

The other night we went to a Karaoke bar, it was a lot of fun but my singing skills are not up to par with some of the locals. The weeks are going by really fast here! Tomorrow is already the weekend for me. I think I am just going to hang out here this weekend but we will see…I would really like to go to Panama or Nicaragua one of these weekends. Who knows what kinda adventure is in store this weekend……..

4 comments:

  1. i looked at your pics last night, the zip lines look like way to much fun. the beach, looks warm, what is warm??? won't know for another two months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, I'm so proud of you for entering a place that can be scary but challenging as well. It's so neat that you'll be teaching English to kids (wow, I sound soo much like my mother). I've actually been thinking about maybe teaching English somewhere in the world after I graduate, so I'm eager to hear the details of your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what?are you getting lazy,, more blogging...I enjoy reading about your adventures....

    ReplyDelete
  4. jamie! why dont you blog about that time at the bar when u were dancing on the table for all the costa rican men??? girl, youre so crazy!

    ReplyDelete